One week of Nanowrimo down and I’m still here.
Not only am I still here, but I’m still writing and I even goddamn hit the target wordcount. *balloons, whistles, wine, sleep*
And, I think, that some of the words might even be in the right order.
Huzzah, I have survived! (so far)
And to mark the occasion, before diving into the next three weeks, it seems like an appropriate time to list my most prevalent nano-thoughts so far:
- This is great, new characters, new stories, new adventures, I-can’t-stop-the-words-are-just-pouring-out-this-is-the-best-thing-ever-oh-do-I-have-to-sleep-now-really-zzzz
- I am seriously tired. Perhaps I could have the night off?
- At least write something. That’s kinda the idea. Ok.
- What’s all this anti-Nanowrimo stuff I keep coming across? *Asks the Beast to remind me to come back to this on a later blog*
- WRITING WRITING WRITING
- Anyone want some wine?
- OH MY GOD WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT I SPILLED COFFEE ON MY ALREADY SKELETAL PLOT OUTLINE.
- Now I’ll do some Twitter. Can I count those words…?
So, at the moment, I’m not counting twitter words. But, for reference, this post has 185 words so far. I might cash that in later (don’t tell anyone).
And, having celebrated one week down, I’m kind of conscious that there’s three more to go. Today that seems fine and dandy but there’s a few things that are gonna be distracting me next week, so I’ll probably need to plan a bit more and generally be a bit more organised and blah-blah-blah what am I doing here when there is so much to do? (Top of the list, according to the Beast, is to provide her with some entertainment, lest she turn into an evil blanket monster, hiding in the soft furnishings, waiting for prey to fall into her cunning trap).
So that’s my first week. Are you Nanowrimoing? How’s it going for you? Here’s to y’all, whether you’ve made the word count or not, it’s all good so long as some words be coming out of your brain coils and onto them pages. Hats off to you, fiends, and here’s to the next words whatever they may be.